Hard to find Stock, Lack of Space, Inefficient Systems: These warehouse issues add costs and can strain a Supply Chain to breaking point!
We’re here to help you optimise your warehouse strategy so you can offer outstanding customer service and stay profitable.
The Challenges of Warehouse Management
The warehouse is often the first place to show visible signs of major Supply Chain issues in Small to Medium Enterprises.
An inefficient warehouse could be setting up your Supply Chain and your business for failure, by causing excessive costs, poor customer service and unsatisfied customers, and that means less sales.
When Warehouse Management is not performing well, the typical impacts you’ll see are:
- Difficulties locating stock
- Lack of storage space
- Skyrocketing costs
- General inefficiency
These issues can be caused by:
- Lack of resources
- Poor layout
- Low skill level
- Inadequate systems
- Growth overwhelming existing systems (should you move or fix the existing warehouse?)
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms we can help you identify and solve the underlying problems.
SME Warehouse Audit
Our SME Warehouse Audit is designed to identify your major warehousing issues and provide you with guidance and a roadmap to better performance.
Conducted within 2-3 weeks at a cost of under $10,000 + GST, our approach will give you the following benefits:
- Warehouse Layout Audit, to review the storage and handling equipment and processes. The focus here is on maximising space utilisation and simplifying product flow.
- Warehouse Picking Audit, to review the picking methodologies in use, as well as the picking media. For example, discrete order picks versus wave picks (and others) or picking from shelves versus carton live storage. We’ll recommend what best suits your operation and the cost benefit of change.
- A tailor made Key Performance Indicator report to manage your warehouse ongoing.
- A customised roadmap to improve warehouse performance.
- A view on the suitability of in-house versus outsourced warehousing for your business.
- A 2-hour workshop with selected staff to explain and impart the performance improvement roadmap.
- Membership to our 12-month online Supply Chain Education Program (valued at $800) for up to four staff.