Expensive Transport for SMEs puts a massive strain on profitability.
Poor Performance leads to slow delivery and plummeting customer satisfaction.
We’re here to help you identify and solve your outbound delivery challenges so you can keep your customers happy and stay profitable.
The Challenges of Transport Management
For many businesses, the transport interface is the only contact point between customers and your business.
That means that customer satisfaction relies almost entirely on delivery times and service.
For major corporations, outbound transport costs may only equate to 2-3% of sales, perhaps as low as 1% or less depending on the industry…
However, for SMEs it can be as high as 5-10%, mostly due to a lack of economies of scale but also due to lack of skill in planning and managing transport or difficulties in dealing with transport contractors.
When Transport Management is not performing well, the typical impacts you’ll see are:
- Slow delivery times
- Skyrocketing costs
- Contract disputes
- Customer complaints
- Damage to reputation
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms we can help you identify and solve the underlying problems.
SME Transport Audit
Our SME Transport Audit is designed to identify your major outbound (delivery) transport issues and provide you with the guidance and roadmap to improve performance.
Conducted with 2-3 weeks and at a cost of under $10,000 + GST, our approach will give you the following benefits:
- Transport spend analysis to establish how many transport suppliers you area and should be using.
- Transport service analysis to review the level of service you are buying and the actual delivery performance. Sometimes SMEs are buying the wrong transport service.
- Transport assets review to examine the makeup of the fleet in terms of vehicles types and number, as well as overall utilisation. This is important for in-house fleets as well as outsourced operations.
- A tailor made Key Performance Indicator report to manage transport supplier relationships ongoing (or your in-house fleet).
- A customised roadmap to improved transport performance.
- A review of transport planning processes and systems.
- A 2-hour workshop with selected staff to explain and impart the performance improvement roadmap.
- Membership to our 12-month online Supply Chain Education Program (valued at $800) for up to four staff.